Sunday, October 10, 2010

RIMMEL LASH ACCELERATOR - DAY 1



Okay, so these are my first thoughts on this mascara. The brush itself doesn't look impressive at all but as you can see, it has a good "stopper" or what ever the name is for the part of the neck of the tube that removes excess as you are pulling the brush out and that tells me it will not be a clumpy mascara, so far so good. Now, for the purpose of this experiment I didn't use any shadow, liner or curled my lashes because I wanted to see the real deal.

You can see by the pictures that it is not a magic mascara. It really didn't do much for me on the very first try. Don't get fooled by the pictures, the first time I saw them side by side I thought there was a difference in length and said "wait a minute, that's not what I saw on the mirror" so I went back to the mirror to double check and confirmed that there was not a big difference, compared to the results of other mascaras and I realized that the pictures were showing my eye from different distances and that's what makes the side with mascara look like longer lashes (I was closer to the camera for that pic, not intentional, it's just very hard to take those pictures by yourself).
 

As always, I only used one coat, but a heavy one. Good thing it didn't promise astonishing result from the very first try or I would be very disappointed. I sure hope that by the end of the 30 day period I can see better results....crossing my fingers.

In all fairness I have to say that it did not weight my lashes down like most mascaras do, in fact, it even lifted them a bit and that's not the result I usually get with mascaras.
It is still holding on great after a long day that included 2 hours of gym with no smearing...I think that's great considering this doesn't say it's waterproof.

Betty says.....we'll see

No comments:

Post a Comment